To participate in any Birthright program, a woman has to provide proof of pregnancy and have an established relationship with a Birthright counselor.
Individual, one-on-one meetings with a professional counselor who is specialized in making a pregnancy decision and supporting you throughout your pregnancy. Pregnancy counselors will meet with you as often as you want while you are pregnant and after your baby is born. The pregnancy counselor can be ‘just someone non-judgmental to talk to’ or help you find solutions to bigger issues you may be dealing with.
- Your counselor will put you in touch with any professional or community resources you need depending on your situation.
- Follow-up Program
- With your permission, your counselor or Birthright volunteer can contact you throughout your pregnancy by phone calls or texts. Always confidential.
- Home Visiting
- Available to women who are currently working with and referred by their Birthright counselor.
- Maternity Clothes
- Gently used clothes ( when available) to Birthright clients who work or are in school. By appointment only with your Birthright counselor.
- Baby Starter Pack
- A package for your new baby available to Birthright clients in their 8 month of pregnancy. By appointment only with your Birthright counselor.
- Making the Best Decision
- A program for high school (can be geared towards middle school or college level) students. Presentation is interactive, focusing on statistics of unplanned pregnancies and developing a healthy personal code in order to be able stand up when you or a friend is faced with an unplanned pregnancy. Keeping in line with Birthright’s approach the presentation is not political, graphic or evangelical. It supports Birthright’s mission of ‘Every woman’s right to give birth and every baby’s right to be born’.
- Getting to Know Birthright
- A presentation for organizations on how the
Birthright model of free professional counseling has ensured that 94% of women considering abortion who come to Birthright choose to carry their babies.
Birthright Counseling St. Louis is a non-profit agency supported by tax deductible donations, dedicated volunteers and professionals. Birthright does not receive any funding from the State or Federal Government. Donors may qualify for the Missouri Pregnancy Resource Center Tax Credit, which provides a tax credit equal to 50% of your donation for donations of $100.00 or more.