In order to participate in Birthright’s groups or programs, a pregnant woman must be referred by her Birthright counselor. Your counselor will have information on group schedules and locations. Birthright Counseling of St. Louis offers Group Counseling Sessions & Workshops along with Group Classes offering parenting skills and healthy living tips.
- Happy Moms Healthy Babies and S.A.G.E (Strengths, Abilities, Growth and Empowerment)
- These supportive education groups run for seven consecutive weeks and are two hours long. Session topics include… My Values, Healthy Relationships, Making Decisions, My Dreams, My Goals, Feeling Vulnerable and Feeling Shame.
- Along with these emotional topics will be a presentation on labor and delivery, nutrition, infant care, safety and life with a new baby.
- Participants are expected to attend all sessions and will receive an attendance gift for their baby at the last session.
- Pregnancy Support Groups
- Groups are on-going and meet for two hours every other week. This is a chance to share with other pregnant mothers. Discussions are based on what you want to talk about.
- Postpartum Support Groups
- Groups are on-going and open to Birthright clients with babies up to 6 months old. They are on-going and meet for two hours every other week. This is a place to discuss the joys and frustrations of being a new mom and coping with the changes in moods, priorities, and responsibilities.
Birthright Counseling St. Louis is a non-profit agency supported by tax deductible donations, dedicated volunteers and professionals. Birthright does not receive any funding from the State or Federal Government. Donors may qualify for the Missouri Pregnancy Resource Center Tax Credit, which provides a tax credit equal to 50% of your donation for donations of $100.00 or more.