- Take a deep breath and slow down. Don’t make a decision from your initial emotions because they are probably based in fear.
- Separate yourself from the crisis. Remember what your values were before the crisis pregnancy occurred.
- Try to see the whole picture – not only the short-term consequences, but also the long-term consequences.
- Know that there is no easy fix or perfect solution.
- Think about the people you look up to – what would they do in a situation like this?
- Distinguish between your fears and the reality.
- Remind yourself that there are resources to help you throughout your pregnancy (e.g., Birthright). You don’t have to
handle everything all by yourself – Birthright can help you problem solve and come up
with ways to alleviate the pressures you are facing.
- Remember that no matter what you decide, your life has already changed by becoming
pregnant. It’s too late to go back.
- Have faith in your abilities – you can handle more than you think.
- Most of all: be true to yourself and follow your heart. You will have to live with your
decision for the rest of your life.
Birthright is a non-profit agency supported by tax deductible donations, dedicated volunteers and professionals.
A donation of $100.00 or more may qualify for the Missouri Pregnancy Resource Center Tax Credit which provides a tax credit equal to 50% of your donation.